by Motions and Emotions
This recipe has been viewed 3160 times
Palak Pancharatna, as the name suggests a combo of 5 vegetables are served in spinach gravy made with a fiery combination of spices, dominated by the exclusive taste of spinach that adds a special touch to this dish.The spinach gravy also becomes a perfect base for the colourful vegetables.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry all the vegetables separately till they become soft and tender.
- Add turmeric powder and salt while frying the vegetables.
- Now heat oil or use remaining oil and add cinnamon, cardamom and clove.
- After that add onion paste and cook until it turns brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger paste and add all the dry spices including salt and sugar. Mix them well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cook for some more time. Next add spinach puree and stir it well until the raw smell goes.
- Now add all the fried vegetables, also add some water and cover the pan with a lid, simmer the gas.
- Once the gravy consistency is thick add garam masala powder and lemon juice.
- After 5 minutes turn off gas and add kewra water and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Motions and Emotions on 08 Jul 2015I am a medical writer by profession and love to do experiment with food. My passion of writing and...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.