Oats and Cabbage Roti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 72 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22899 times
Treat your heart and palate to a delectable meal of Oats and Cabbage Roti with low-fat curds, and hear a happy tick in response to it!
Scrumptious to the core, these satiating rotis are made with a unique dough of whole wheat flour, oats and cabbage perked up with sesame seeds and spice powders. Oats not only gives these rotis a nice, grainy texture, but also a lot of fibre and beta glucan, which aid in reducing bad cholesterol (LDL).
We have also avoided refined flour completely in the dough, substituting it with wholesome whole wheat flour. We have added a little garlic paste as it is very good for the heart, and also improves the flavour of the roti.
This roti can be prepared well ahead of a meal, or even carried to work in the dabba, but has a much better texture when served immediately.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook it, on a medium flame, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 7 more rotis.
- Allow it to cool completely, wrap in an aluminium foil, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.