Multigrain Garlic Roti, Lehsun Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 113 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42326 times
Most people are apprehensive to use garlic as a predominant flavour in their cooking. This aromatic herb actually aids in digestion and also stimulates the production of breast milk, so turn to these rotis in the last month of pregnancy or while lactating.
Unfortunately fresh green garlic is available for only a few months in the year. So if you are making these rotis in the summer, use 4 to 6 large cloves of grated garlic instead of the green garlic and add some fresh coriander leaves to add some colour to the rotis .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti using ¼ tsp of oil till golden spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 9 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.