Mughlai Cauliflower, Potatoes and Green Pea Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 260 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35228 times
A rich subzi of cauliflower, potatoes and green peas, cooked in Mughlai style. A paste of ginger and spices gives the Mughlai Cauliflower, Potatoes and Green Peas Subzi an awesome flavour, while a mixture of curds and saffron gives it a royal touch.
The saffron not only gives the subzi a very intense aroma, it also improves the colour of the subzi. You will really enjoy the mild spicy notes and rich texture of this subzi. Serve it hot with rotis or puris .
- Combine the saffron and curds in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables, salt and ¾ cup of water, mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the saffron-curd mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||96.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||21 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.