Missi Roti, Rajasthani Missi Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Missi Roti, Rajasthani Missi Roti in Hindi)
Added to 360 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62918 times
These are a regular part of a Rajasthani meal and sometimes variations are made by adding methi leaves or coriander leaves to flavour the dough.
Missi Rotis are eaten throughout the year except in the winters when bajra rotis are preferred. Serve these with a spicy vegetable or a tongue tickling launji to make a delicious meal.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti, using a little ghee, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot.
Missi Roti Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.