Lahsun ka Achaar, Punjabi Lehsun Achar Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 222748 times
lahsun ka achaar recipe | Punjabi lehsun ka achar | garlic pickle | with amazing 21 images.
Here is a peppy garlic pickle that is sure to shake awake your taste buds! In this lahsun ka achaar recipe, the garlic cloves are flavoured with chilli powder and a special masala, made of four aromatic seeds and asafoetida.
The procedure and method to make lehsun ka achaar is simple but all you need to be is patient to get perfect lehsun achaar. We have divided the procedure into 2 steps, the first one is to make the pickle masala. To make lehsun achaar masala, add mustard seeds into a mixture jar. Next, add crushed fenugreek seeds, sumin seeds, split coriander seeds and asafoetida, blend everything well till you get a powder. Further to make the achar, heat mustard oil in a broad non stick pan till the oil is smoky. Add garlic cloves. Add turmeric powder and mix well. Next, to add to the shelf life add lemon juice, chilli powder, jaggery to balance the spice. Mix well and cook for a while. Lastly turn the flame off and add the masala powder to the cooked garlic mixture. Cool the lehsun achaar and bottle in a sterilized glass jar. Store Punjabi lehsun ka achar in a cool dry place. garlic pickle is ready for the table in 1 week.
This masala must be ground coarsely, in order to get the correct mouth-feel. Lemon juice adds a tangy dimension to this pickle, while jaggery imparts a mild sweetness, which helps to highlight the spicy notes of the special masala. Allow this lahsun ka achaar to cure for a week before serving.
Serve this lehsun ka achaar as an accompaniment to pep up the main course or simply enjoy with your favourite rotis / puris / parathas.
Enjoy lahsun ka achaar recipe | Punjabi lehsun ka achar | garlic pickle | with detailed step by step recipe photos and video below.
- To make lehsun ka achaar, heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan till smoky.
- Add the garlic cloves and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, jaggery and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes or till the jaggery dissolves.
- Switch off the flame, add the masala powder to the cooked garlic mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cool the lehsun ka achaar and bottle in a sterilised glass jar.
- Store the lehsun ka achaar in a cool dry place. This pickle is ready for the table after 1 week.
Lahsun ka Achaar, Punjabi Lehsun Achar Recipe recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.