Garlic Pickle ( Achaar Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
लहसुन का अचार
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Garlic Pickle ( Achaar Recipe ) in Hindi)
Added to 115 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 399959 times
Garlic is often added in small quantities to chutneys and pickles as part of their flavouring, but as in this recipe, it can also be the main ingredient of a hot and sweet garlic pickle. The sweetness is provided by jaggery. The garlic pods can be cooked as in this recipe or matured in the sun. The aroma of garlic is unmistakable and pungent. Oil your hands before you peel garlic to prevent your fingers from getting discoloured and having a lingering garlic aroma throughout the day. Soaking garlic cloves in hot water makes it easier to peel them. This pickle is ready to serve after about a week and it stays well for upto 3 months. I have made a small quantity of this recipe, but you can multiply the quantities to make more if you like. Storage upto 3 months: In a cool dry place.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the garlic cloves and turmeric powder and sauté on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till they are soft, while stirring continuously.
- Add the lemon juice and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, jaggery and salt and cook on a slow flame for another 2 to 3 minutes or till the jaggery has dissolved, while stirring occasionally
- Add the masala powder, mix well and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the flame, cool and store in a sterilised glass jar.
- Store in a cool dry place. This pickle is ready for the table after 1 week.
Garlic Pickle by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.