Low Calorie Spinach Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 188 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 210052 times
You will thoroughly enjoy this nutrient-dense, easy-to-prepare spinach soup. Cooking it with low-fat milk gives it a lovely emerald green colour, which together with the aroma of sautéed onions and garlic, makes this soup irresistible! This soup is especially recommended for all the weight-conscious readers. The soup has not been strained in order to retain the fibre of the spinach.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the spinach and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of water, mix well and bring to boil (approx. 2 to 3 minutes), while stirring once in between.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the milk, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.