Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4609 times
A dessert made with a difference!
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to make a smooth batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a non stick tava and grease it with little ghee.
- Pour a spoonful of batter on the hot tava and spread to make a small dosa.
- Cook the dosa till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Prepare few dosas repeating the steps above and keep aside.
- Extract the milk from the coconuts and keep aside. Divide the milk into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat 1 cup of water in a deep pan and add the jaggery. Cook on a slow flame till the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Strain using a muslin cloth and simmer on a slow flame for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the rice flour with one portion of the coconut milk and add this mixture to the jaggery syrup and mix well.
- Cook on a slow flame for 2-3 minutes till the mixture thickens.
- Add the remaining portion of coconut milk and when the mixture starts boiling, remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Before serving, gently drop the prepared dosas in the kheer.
- Let them soak for 5 minutes and serve the kheer warm, garnished with cashewnut pieces.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#406512 on 09 Mar 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.