• Roasted Cashew nut are used as a snack and as an ingredient for savoury dishes, confectionary items
• To reduce sodium and added fats in the diet, avoid salted, oil-roasted cashew nuts. Choose the plain variety and roast them yourself on a baking tray at 180 degrees Celsius for a few minutes (without adding oil).
How to store roasted cashew nut, roasted kaju
Roasted cashew nut should be stored in a cool, dry place in an airtight container to avoid absorption of other food odours. Because of their high fat content, they should be stored, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator to retard rancidity. As with most nuts, roasting cashews brings out their nutty flavor.
Health benefits of roasted cashew nut, roasted kaju
• Cashew nuts are good sources of protein, mineral salt, iron and fiber. The leaves from the cashew tree can provide vitamin C, calcium and iron.
• Cashews are lower in fat than almonds, walnuts, peanuts.
• Cashew nut also contain significant amounts of phytochemicals with antioxidant properties that protects the body from cancer and heart disease.
• These nuts are also good sources of protein.