5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32529 times
Crunchy salted dry fruits and puffed rice coated with melted jaggery tossed in pure desi ghee. Crisp and chewy, this is best savoured with your fingers while it is still warm. This snack derives its origin from the streets of Calcutta. Meethi moodi essentially means sweetened puffed rice or mamra. A special kind of jaggery called Nalini Gur is used for it but honey and ordinary jaggery when used together are comparable to this. Use ready salted dry fruits for this recipe. It might be a good idea to toast the nuts and the puffed rice in a slow oven for a few minutes before adding them to the moodi. Assemble the recipe just before serving.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan, add the jaggery and honey and cook on a very slow flame till the jaggery has just melted (approx. 2 to 3 minutes).
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss lightly.
- Serve hot.
- Do not overheat the jaggery since the moodi will have a bitter aftertaste if it caramelises.
- Add a teaspoon of water to the jaggery to prevent it from burning quickly.
- Do not multiply this recipe while cooking. It is always better to prepare it in small batches.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.