Kand and Potato Rosti, Purple Yam and Potato Rosti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 233 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17393 times
Rosti, a popular Swiss dish made with grated potatoes, is innovatively made with a combination of purple yam and potato. Not only that the recipe is further tweaked to give it a desi touch by flavouring it with green chillies, lemon juice and crushed peanuts.
With a bit of tang and lots of crunch, the Kand and Potato Rosti is a sure-shot winner with diners of all age groups! It has a very inviting colour, not to forget an appetizing aroma, which will make you drool even before you taste the yummy dish.
Enjoy as a snack with a glass of chilled Pudina Chaas or turn it into a whole meal by topping it with Rajma and Palak Stir-Fry , Paneer Capsicum Stir-fry , Zucchini Stir- Fry or Sprouts Stir Fry
- Combine the purple yam, potatoes, green chillies, peanuts, lemon juice and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the purple yam–potato mixture and spread it evenly. Cover it with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 10 minutes.
- Loosen the sides of the rosti with the help of a knife, place a plate inverted on the non-stick pan and turn the pan upside down to invert the rosti and again place it into the same pan. Cover with a lid and again cook it on a slow flame for 10 minutes.
- Place a plate inverted on the non-stick pan and turn the pan upside down to invert the rosti on the plate.
- Cut into equal pieces and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||82.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||9 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.