Dhokla By sgambhir
This recipe has been viewed 2784 times
The Gujarati steamed lentil cake recipe, dhokla is a popular dish which can be prepared as a tasty snack quickly. Discover an easy and delicious way of preparing gujarati delicacy khatta dhokla and other snack recipes at tarladalal.com
Add your private note
Dhokla By sgambhir recipe - How to make Dhokla By sgambhir
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Take gram flour in a bowl. add beaten curd/yogurt and warm water. whisk well to remove all lumps. the mixture should have a thick consistency. add salt and cover it and leave it to ferment for 3-4 hours.
- Make a paste of ginger and green chilies.
- Add this paste to the fermented mixture. add turmeric powder and correct seasoning.
- Keep the steamer ready on the flame.
- Grease a dhokla mould or a shallow cake tin with a little oil. in a small bowl take one teaspoon of soda bi-carb, 1 teaspoon oil and juice of 1 lemon. mix well and add this to the gram flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the greased mold and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for sometime. cut into squares and arrange in a serving platter/bowl.
- Heat oil in a small pan. add mustard seeds. when the seeds begin to crackle, remove and pour over the dhoklas.
- Serve garnished with chopped green coriander leaves and grated coconut.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 07 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.