Corn Chips with Salsa and Avocado Dip, Jain Salsa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 75 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32427 times
The Corn Chips with Salsa and Avocado Dip is a three-in-one delight because each of its components is awesomely tasty and worth including in other combos too.
The Corn Chips is super crisp and super tasty with mild hints of spices and herbs. The uncooked, Jain-friendly tomato salsa and the quick and easy avocado dip are both perfect accompaniments for these chips.
The avocado dip has a creamy mouth-feel and lovely tanginess, thanks to lemon juice and tomatoes. While tang is the dominant flavour of the uncooked salsa too, it also takes on the vibrant spiciness of capsicum, the herby touch of dried oregano and the peppy aroma of cumin powder.
Together, the three are determined to delight, making this recipe an absolute must-try!
Also do try other Jain international recipes like Spinach Cheese Cigars with Honey Chilli Sauce , Pesto Penne or Spinach Crepes .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll a portion into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling and prick it evenly with a fork.
- Cut into equal 16 triangles and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, a few chips at a time, on a medium flame till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make more chips.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a deep bowl and mash it slightly using the back of a spoon. Keep aside.
- Serve the corn chips with uncooked salsa and avocado dip.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.