by Tarla Dalal
Added to 151 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44393 times
A traditional Italian sauce, Pesto features a rare combination of walnuts or pine nuts with basil leaves and olive oil. While some versions use garlic, the Jain version is much tastier. In this mouth-watering recipe of Pesto Penne, we combine this delectable sauce with perfectly cooked penne, a basketful of colourful veggies, aromatic herbs and oodles of cheese, to make a treat worthy of a grand party, a special dinner with your family, or any day you feel like pampering yourself!
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the zucchini and coloured capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the baby corn and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared pesto, fresh cream, cheese and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, chilli flakes and oregano, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked penne, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
- If you use pinenuts, roast them lightly on a tava and then use it in making the pesto.
Pesto Penne Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.