by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 311 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33308 times
An unusual blend of coconut with ice-cream. Once you have tested it, you will always ask for more.
- Grate the fresh coconut. Divide into 2 equal portions.
- To one half of the grated coconut, add 4 tablespoons of milk and blend in a mixer.
- From the other half of the grated coconut, squeeze out the coconut milk. Strain through a thin cloth.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of sugar in a vessel on a slow flame until it melts. Add the remaining milk and boil until the sugar dissolves. Add the remaining sugar and boil for 5 minutes.
- Mix the blended coconut (step 2), coconut milk (step 3), sweetened milk (step 4), condensed milk and vanilla essence.
- Check the sweetness and adjust to your liking using sugar or lemon juice.
- Prepare the ice-cream in an ice-cream churner.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of fresh grated coconut in the oven until slightly pink in colour. Sprinkle on the ice-cream before serving.
- Alternatively, mix 2 tablespoons of fresh grated coconut and 1 tablespoon of sugar and cook untill the sugar caramalises slightly.
- Serve hot on top of the ice-cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.