Chocolate Devil Cake ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 187 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33633 times
It is probably called the devil’s cake because it so sinfully chocolaty! the chocolate devil cake is a chocolate mousse cake with a base of crushed chocolate biscuits mixed with roasted almonds and butter, topped with chocolate mousse and garnished with chocolate truffle. It’s a nice, rich, soft and gooey cake.
- Open each dark chocolate biscuit and scrape and discard the middle creamy layer.
- Place the biscuits on a butter paper or rolling board and crush the biscuits to a coarse powder with the help of a rolling pin.
- Transfer the crushed biscuit powder to a bowl, add the almonds and butter and mix well.
- Spread and press the mixture into the base of a 175 mm. (7") loose bottomed cake tin and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and mix gently.
- Strain the chocolate-milk mixture using a sieve. Allow to cool at room temperature.
- Add the vanilla essence, beaten whipped cream and sugar and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Pour the mousse mixture evenly over the prepared biscuit base and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or till the mousse sets.
- Pour the chocolate truffle on the mousse cake and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for another 15 minutes.
- Demould the mousse cake and garnish with coloured vermicelli.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
- You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture on a double boiler.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.