by Tarla Dalal
Added to 250 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73380 times
A melt-in-your-mouth treat, which does not melt from your memory forever! These exciting Cheese Poppers feature herbed cheese slice rolls that are batter-fried to perfection.
It is amazing how a small sprinkling of mixed herbs with chilli flakes can transform plain cheese slices into a flavourful treat for your taste buds.
An accompaniment of Schezuan sauce adds great value to the memorable experience. You will also relish other cheesy snacks like Cheese Corn Balls , Cheese and Spring Onion Samosa and Broccoli and Cheese Balls .
- Combine the plain flour and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well to make a smooth batter. Keep aside.
- Divide the herbed mixture into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a cheese slice on a flat, dry surface and place 1 portion of the herbed mixture at one end of the cheese slice and roll it up tightly.
- Cut the cylindrical roll into 3 equal pieces.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 12 more poppers.
- Dip each piece in the plain flour batter and roll it in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides. Repeat this procedure once more with each piece so as to seal the herbed mixture in the cheese slice properly.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick deep pan and deep-fry them, 3 at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve immediately with schezwan sauce.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.