Aloo Cheese Croquettes, Potato and Cheese Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 672 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 293684 times
A yummy starter, which is sure to raise one’s expectations of the forthcoming meal! Aloo Cheese Croquettes also look very appetising, so nobody is likely to pass up the tray without tasting one. A melt-in-the-mouth covering of mashed potatoes gives way to a succulent, cheesy filling that has the peppy flavour of chilli-garlic sauce. Accompanied by more chilli-garlic sauce, this delectable snack is an awesome treat for your taste buds – in terms of its texture as well as flavour! Enjoy it hot and fresh.
- Combine the potatoes, salt and pepper powder in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the potato mixture into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour along with approx. ¾ cup water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Divide the cheese stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Take a portion of the potato mixture and flatten it on your palm into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle using your fingers.
- Place a portion of the cheese stuffing in the centre and bring all the sides together and shape into a cylindrical roll.
- Dip the croquette in the plain flour-water mixture and roll it in the bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Repeat step 5 to 7 to make 11 more croquettes.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, a few croquettes at a time on a medium flame, till they are golden brown in colour from all sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with chilli-garlic sauce.
Nutrient values per crouquette
|Vitamin A||60.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.