Corn and Rice Croquettes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 355 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36060 times
Croquettes made of corn are quite common. However, you would have noticed that most of these are made of cheese, which makes them a bit tricky to make and also makes it imperative to consume them immediately lest the cheese gets chewy.
In this unique recipe, cooked rice is combined with white sauce, sweet corn, green chillies and other flavour adders, to make the base dough for delicious crumb-coated, deep-fried Corn and Rice Croquettes.
The croquettes have an irresistible golden-coloured, crispy outer layer, which gives way to a soft, succulent mixture inside.
Ideal to serve as a starter at parties, the exciting texture and pleasant flavour of the Corn and Rice Croquettes are sure to be loved by all.
- Combine ½ cup of plain flour and ½ cup of water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the remaining ¾ cup of plain flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well using a whisk and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture into a plate and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the corn, rice, green chillies and salt and mix very well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 11 equal portions and roll each portion into a cylindrical roll.
- Dip the balls in the plain flour-water mixture and roll it in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, and deep-fry, a few balls at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per croquette
|Vitamin A||152 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||5 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.