Sweet Potato and Sesame Croquettes
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 153 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38727 times
Serve it as a snack with tea or as a starter at a party, in any case these Sweet Potato and Sesame Croquettes will vanish within seconds of being placed on the table! Whether it is the crispy texture of this snack, the appetizing aroma of roasted sesame, the succulent mouth-feel of mashed potatoes, or the irresistible flavour of roasted coconuts, there is some reason or the other for everybody to love these croquettes!
- Combine the plain flour and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, including the garlic and green chillies and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 14 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2") long cylindrical roll.
- Dip each roll into the plain flour-water paste and then roll in the sesame seeds.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, and deep-fry a few croquettes at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve immediately with chilli garlic sauce
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per croquette
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.