Chana Kofta Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 126 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45683 times
Add zest to life with this bone-strengthening treat! With a bouquet of healthy ingredients including curds, fenugreek, spinach and kabuli chana, the Chana Kofta Kadhi gives your meal a protein and calcium boost.
Many are unaware of the fact that excess fat hinders the absorption of calcium, so deep-frying the koftas would make the dish less effective than it can be!
That is the reason why we have steamed the koftas and not deep-fried them, so you can be assured of maximum nutrient uptake.
Check out our forever young diet recipes which includes healthy recipes for a glowing skin, bright vision, strong bones, beautiful hair and recipes for increasing immunity.
- Combine the curds, besan and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds, cinnamon, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the curds-besan mixture, ginger-green chilli paste, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend till smooth without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Arrange the koftas on a greased sieve and steam in a steamer for 7 to 8 minutes. Keep aside.
- To make chana kofta kadhi, re-heat the kadhi and bring it to a boil.
- Drop the prepared koftas in the boiling kadhi, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve the chana kofta kadhi immediately.
- If the kofta mixture is difficult to shape into rounds, you may need to add 1 tablespoon bengal gram flour (besan) to the mixture and mix well.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 195 cal|
|Protein|| 7.7 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 16.1 gm|
|Fat|| 8.8 gm|
|Calcium|| 673.9 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.