Buttermilk Mashed Potato with Garlic
by Uttam Kumar
This recipe has been viewed 1776 times
This is a variation of the classic version of the famous Mashed potato that can be used as a relish with any main course or sides/snacks or even alone like this.
- Mash the potatoes and pass it thru a sieve to get a even consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly for almost 5 minutes.
- Rest for 2 minutes and then mix for another one minute.
- Check the consistency, it should be creamy else add more buttermilk.
- Once the consistency is thick, serve it in a bowl garnished with coriander.
- The potatoes should be very hot while mashing and mixing.
- You can use double cream instead of buttermilk.
- Use yukon or rossetz or pahadi red high starch variety of potato.
- For different taste profile you can first sauté butter and garlic and then add everything in hot pan and sauté it for 2 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by Uttam Kumar on 25 May 2015I am a gourmand almost by birth and have been experimenting with food to any extent. I hate people w...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.