Buckwheat Dhokla, Faraal Buckwheat Dhokla
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 115 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 65436 times
The Buckwheat Dhokla combines taste and nutrition in an easy-to-cook form. A batter of buckwheat is perked up with curds, ginger and green chillies to make soft and tasty dhoklas.
Though the buckwheat needs to be soaked for two hours, the batter does not require any fermentation afterwards, so you do not have to plan too much in advance.
Serve this tasty snack with green chutney or other suitable accompaniments.
You can also try other low-calorie recipes like the Lemon and Coriander Soup and the Bajra, Carrot and Onion Uttapa .
- Wash the buckwheat in enough water for 2 to 3 times.
- Drain the excess water using a strainer.
- Combine the buckwheat and curds in a deep bowl, mix well and cover with a lid and keep aside to soak for 2 hours.
- Add the green chilli paste, ginger paste, salt and ¼ cup of water and mix very well.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7") diameter thali and spread evenly by rotating the thali clockwise.
- Steam in a steamer for 15 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 1 more thali.
- Cool slightly, cut into pieces and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.