Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9307 times
Bhel upma is a traditional south indian recipe with bhel or puffed rice blended with coconut, spices and tempered with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Serve the upma hot with coconut chutney or any kothsu.
- Wash the puffed rice, drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and green chillies and saute till onions turn translucent.
- Add the turmeric powder, mix well and saute till the onions turns brown.
- Add the sugar, salt and washed puffed rice and mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut and lemon juice and coriander leaves and.
- Mix well.
- Serve hot
This recipe was contributed by rek_76 on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.