Upma and Poha recipes for breakfast, Indian's loves Upma, Poha for Breakfast!
Upma and Poha recipes for breakfast, Indian's loves Upma, Poha for Breakfast! Upma and Poha are all-time favourite Indian Breakfast options. Apart from the standard recipes, we have also given a few options with innovative twists, which transform these everyday breakfasts into tasty delicacies! Revel in nutritious choices like Corn Poha and Nachni Upma , which will please your taste buds and appease your body. Try Batata Poha, Bread Upma
Batata Poha, Aloo Poha
South Indian Upma, poha breakfast recipes
A must try South Indian style upma with subtle flavour and tempering. Try the Coriander Upma, Ragi Rava Upma, Rava Pongal, Seviyan Upma, Uppu Urundai, Broken Wheat Upma. Different flavours to make your daily morning breakfast interesting.
Broken Wheat Upma, Healthy Breakfast Recipe
Poha again an important part of the breakfast or snack. Try Tomato Poha, Instant Poha Idli, Poha Yellow Moong Dal Dosa. These protein packed poha recipes will keep you energetic to keep going through the day.
Tomato Poha, Thakkali Aval
Maharashtrian Upma, Poha recipes
The original and traditional style of Maharashtrian upma and poha.
These breakfast recipes are a must in every household, try recipes like Batata Poha, Kanda Poha, Green Pea Poha. Also try upma recipe like Vegetable Upma.
Quick Upma Poha recipes
Quick and instant version of upma and poha recipes like Quick Upma, Poha Nachni Handvo, a variation in one of its kind. Another variation in the family of upma the bread upma or the bread snack great for evening snack for kids.
Also try more of poha and upma innovative recipes like Jowar Upma, Corn Upma, Upma with Leftover Idlis, Matki Poha Chivda, Poha Khichu and Poha Dhokla.
Poha Nachni Handvo
Healthy Upma, Poha recipes
Healthier version of the simple a and classic poha and upma recipes like poha phirni, poha chivda great as a jar snack, Poha Cutlet, Power Poha , Oats Upma, Quinoa Veg Upma, Mixed Sprouts Poha and Soya Poha. Serve this as a snack or for breakfast and enjoy and stay healthy.
Poha Cutlet ( Iron Rich )
Few tips to make the best upma
· Choosing rava (semolina) is very important. Choose the jada rava (thick semolina) to make upma.
· Roasting of Rava(semolina) is the first step to make the upma.
· Make sure the flame Is not too high while roasting it.
· Once roasted, put it in a thali or a plate to cool it slightly.
· To make the process faster, you can also roast the rava in advance and store it in an airtight container, and use as required.
· You can also make quick upma recipe healthier by adding a lot of boiled vegetables like carrots, beans, and peas along with the semolina when cooking.
Ragi Rava Upma, Healthy Nachni Suji Upma
· Season the water really well with proper salt and spices as required.
· Once the water has been added to the semolina, you need to be quick and mix it really well so that it does not form lump.
· This will add more fibre to sooji upma making it a lot healthier.
There are lot more variety of recipes, like a street style recipe using upma like upma dosa. Do try other upma recipes like tomato upma, curd upma, oats upma and quinoa upma.
Quinoa Veg Upma, Vegan Breakfast
The consistency of the upma depends on each individual. Some people like having it dry and some like porridge like consistency. Adjust the water and salt according to your preference.
Upma is a life saver for large events, marriages or any religious ceremonies and also for tiffin.
Few tips to make the best Poha
· Choose jada(thick) poha to make this delicacy
· Wash the poha in a strainer, so that it does not hold much water.
· Allow the poha to rest for a while after it has has been washed, it will keep it dry but yet moist.
Mixed Sprouts Poha
· Traditionally its known as “kanda poha” so more quantity of onion is used to make poha. Do not skip it, it adds a very nice crunch to the dish.
· You can add veggies to poha like peas, potato or carrot to make it more nutritious.
Poha Pakoda, Poha Pakora
· Do not over the poha, or else it will turn very dry and hard in texture.
· Sprinkle coriander and lemon juice in the end to retain the tanginess and freshness of coriander.
Enjoy Upma and Poha recipes for breakfast, Indian's loves Upma, Poha for Breakfast and our other Breakfast Recipes.
44 Breakfast Dhokla Recipes
153 Breakfast/Idlis/Dosas/Appe Recipes
117 Breakfast Pancakes/Chilas Recipes
162 Breakfast Sandwiches Recipes
106 Breakfast Theplas/Parathas Recipes
51 Breakfast Using left-Overs Recipes
43 Jain Breakfast Recipes
58 Low Cal Breakfast Recipes
203 Quick Breakfast Recipes