Bread Upma ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 86% LIKED IT
6 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 331 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 203936 times
Sandwiches somehow lack the desi feel, whatever you put in between! change the menu to bread upma instead, and mom’s touch comes alive. With simple ingredients and a quick microwave procedure, this is a 100 per cent hassle-free snack. Don’t dip the bread for a long time, as it will lose its texture.
- Dip the bread slices one by one in a little water and squeeze out the excess water immediately. Crumble it lightly and keep aside.
- Put the oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the mustard seeds and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and curry leaves, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, green chillies and ginger, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared crumbled bread pieces, tomato ketchup, lemon juice, sugar, coriander and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.