Baked Cheesy Eggplant in Tomato Salsa, with Eggs
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5736 times
Slices of brinjal, coated with eggs and breadcrumbs, are cooked till they become a irresistible golden in colour. These are then drowned in homemade tomato salsa and baked with a topping of cheese, and more cheese!
The tomato salsa has a fabulous mouth-feel, with the crunch of onions and capsicum, and an exciting herby flavour. The salsa and cheese are an awesome match, made even better by a sprinkling of herbs and seasonings. Enjoy the Baked Cheesy Eggplant in Tomato Salsa, with Eggs, immediately upon baking to enjoy the freshest flavour and best texture!
Team up this cheesy baked dish with Garlic Spaghetti and a salad for a sumptuous meal that you will love to dine on.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Whisk the egg and salt in a bowl and mix well using a fork.
- Dip one brinjal slice at a time in the egg mixture and then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a non-stick pan, grease it with oil and cook a few brinjal slices on a medium flame using a little oil till golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Put ¼ cup of the tomato salsa in a baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Put the brinjal slices overlapping each other.
- Put all the remaining tomato salsa over it and finally sprinkle the processed cheese, parmesan cheese, chilli flakes and oregano evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1456.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin B2||1.7 mg|
|Vitamin B3||13.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||198.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||528 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.