Grilled Eggplant Dip
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13073 times
Grilled eggplant dip is a delicious and naturally creamy dip which has a middle eastern flavour. It is quick to make and can be served with pita chips or crackers as a delicious appetizer.
- Pierce the eggplant with a knife or fork and grease lightly with some oil.
- Grill over a charcoal or electric barbeque till the insides are soft and pulpy.
- Peel the skin off and discard.
- Place the pulp in a bowl and mash well using a fork.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, onions, cumin powder and salt and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with pita bread or cream crackers.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.