by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5231 times
This unique recipe shows you how to make perfectly fluffed up bhaturas without having to lose your sleep over yeast!
Instead, we have used a dough of refined flour, potatoes and curd in just the right proportions. Always remember that the bhaturas will become soggy if not served immediately so, always eat them hot and fresh.
This aloo bhatura recipe is a very quick bhatura recipe. The dough does not require any fermentation or resting time.
Serve this yummy bhatura with Peshawari Chole or Dahiwali Aloo ki Subzi .
To learn various Indian flatbread recipes, check out our other recipes for Punjabi Rotis and Parathas.
Enjoy how to make Aloo Bhatura recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make aloo bhatura, combine the flour, potatoes, curd, oil and salt and knead to make a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and rest the dough for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the bhatura, one at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve the aloo bhatura immediately.
Aloo Bhatura recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bhatura
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.