Bread Bhatura, No Yeast Bhatura Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15972 times
This unique recipe shows you the means to make perfectly tasty bhaturas without having to lose your sleep over yeast! Instead, we have used a dough of bread, refined flour and whole wheat flour in just the right proportions.
Remember that there is a resting time of half an hour for the dough to become pliable and soft enough to make yummy Bread Bhaturas, so plan accordingly.
Serve this yummy bhatura with Pindi Chole or Dahiwali Aloo ki Subzi .
- Combine the bread slices and enough water in a deep bowl and keep aside for 1 minute.
- Squeeze out all the excess water from the bread slices by pressing it between your palms.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough again and divide it into 6 equal portions.
- Roll each portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle without using any flour for rolling.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick deep pan and deep-fry the bhatura, one at a time on a medium flame, till they puff up and turn golden brown in colour on both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per bhatura
|Vitamin A||55.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.