by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26155 times
Bhatura are leavened puris usually served with Chole. They are soft and spongy and must be enjoyed while they are hot or else they become chewy. This recipe is a variation of this popular bread that uses a potato filling to add softness to the Bhatura and a blend of other ingredients to flavour them. Moreover the potatoes prevent the Bhatura from turning rubbery and chewy. Another innovation is that they can be cooked lightly on a tava and kept aside. Deep-fry them only when you need to serve them to enjoy them hot and fresh straight out of the kadai!
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a firm dough using water as required.
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle.
- Cook each portion lightly over a tava (griddle) for a few seconds on each side. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai on a medium flame and deep-fry the bhaturas till they puff up and are golden brown on both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||41.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.