Paneer Stuffed Green Pea Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 186 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21130 times
A unique dough of whole wheat flour and green peas forms the base of this interesting recipe. The outcome is made more irresistible by stuffing these wholesome parathas with fresh paneer and juicy raisins. The spikiness of green chillies and the semi-sweetness imparted by raisins are wonderfully balanced, making this a memorable dish. Indeed, any day on which you serve these delightful Paneer Stuffed Green Pea Parathas is bound to become a special occasion worth remembering!
- Combine the green peas, green chillies and 2 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend into a smooth paste.
- Combine all the ingredients including the green pea mixture in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using little water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the raisins and enough water in a small bowl and keep aside for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine all the ingredients including the raisins in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the paneer stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll each portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle and place a portion of the paneer stuffing in the center of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center, seal tightly and again roll out into a circle of 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the parathas on a medium flame using little oil till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.