Lapsi, Fada ni Lapsi, Gujarati Broken Wheat Dessert Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 275 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 196702 times
This fabulously tasty Gujarati sweet features the goodness of broken wheat and the tantalising aroma of cardamom. It is a hot favourite across the world!
In Gujarat Lapsi is usually made to celebrate special Occasion .
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai, add the broken wheat and cook on a slow flame, for 5 to 7 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour, while stirring continuously
- Add 2 cups of warm water and cook on a high flame till the water starts boiling.
- Cook on a slow flame for 15 to 17 minutes or till the broken wheat is almost done, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the ghee separates.
- Serve hot garnished with almond and pistachio slivers.
- If you make the lapsi in advance, before serving add 2 tbsp of milk to the lapsi, mix well and reheat it for 2 minutes.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.