by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 230 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39158 times
This dish is also called sukhadi in some parts of Gujarat. This is a version of Golpapdi , that is served warm and not cut into the traditional diamond shaped cubes.
The trick to making this version is to add the gur after the wheat and ghee mixture has cooled slightly and yet allows the gur to melt and caramelize thus giving it a characteristic crunch.
The milk is added to keep the golpapdi in a soft molten stage. To serve this recipe immediately is very important.
Here are some more desserts you can make in you microwave - Chocolate Mug Cake , Til Ke Ladoo , Sooji Ka Halwa and Meetha Chawal .
- Combine the ghee and the whole wheat flour in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes, while stirring after every minute, till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the khus-khus, mix well and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Cool slightly, add the grated jaggery, mix well and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk and cardamom and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with almond slivers.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||235.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.