by Tarla Dalal
Added to 166 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 117041 times
anjeer basundi recipe | easy anjeer basundi | with 14 amazing images.
Rich enough to pamper your senses, tinged with the magic of Indian spices, the anjeer basundi is a dessert you will enjoy thoroughly.
Notes on anjeer basundi recipe. 1. Put a few saffron strands in the milk. When you add saffron to warm liquid, in this case milk, it releases flavor and a beautiful yellow color. 2. Mix well and keep aside till you make the anjeer basundi. No Indian sweet is complete without the addition of a spice like saffron. 3. Pour the full fat milk in a deep non-stick pan. The important thing to remember here is that the milk has to be full fat. The process of making basundi includes thickening the milk over a slow flame and this will only be possible with full fat milk. This process is similar to that of Rabdi. 4. Reduce the heat to a low-medium flame and cook for 15 to 17 minutes, while stirring occasionally and while scrapping the sides of the pan. This step is essential to the anjeer basundi recipe because the malai stuck to the pan provides the thickness and consistency we desire in the basundi.5. Once the milk is reduced by half, add the anjeer pieces. Only dried figs should be used to make the basundi as fresh figs will result in the milk curdling.
You can also try other Basundi recipes like the Basundi or Pineapple Basundi.
Enjoy how to make anjeer basundi recipe | easy anjeer basundi | with detailed step by step photos.
- To make anjeer basundi, combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside. Adding saffron strands imparts a great flavor and a hint of color to the anjeer basundi.
- Combine the milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and bring to a boil on a high flame while stirring occasionally. This is should take approximately 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and cook on a medium flame for 15 to 17 minutes, while stirring occasionally and while scrapping the sides of the pan. This step is essential to the anjeer basundi recipe because the malai stuck to the pan provides the thickness and consistency we desire.
- Add the anjeer, saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scrapping the sides of the pan.
- Cool the anjeer basundi completely, refrigerate for atleast 1 hour and serve chilled.
Anjeer Basundi Video by Tarla Dalal
Anjeer Basundi recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.