Sitaphal Basundi, Custard Apple Basundi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24233 times
sitaphal basundi recipe| custard apple basundi | sitaphal rabdi | with 15 amazing images.
Sitaphal basundi is a rich and delicious mishtan of thickened milk, variation to plain Gujarati basundi very similar to the North Indian rabdi. custard apple basundi is basically just boiling the milk in a thick bottomed pan till the milk is reduced. Then add sugar and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes, cool and then add the custard pulp, almond and pistachio.
I would like to share with you some tips to make the perfect sitaphal basundi recipe. 1. The important thing to remember here is that the milk has to be full fat. The process of making sitaphal basundi includes thickening the milk over a slow flame and this will only be possible with full fat milk. 2. We are only using 1/3 cup of sugar here because this is sitaphal basundi. The sitaphal we are going to use are also very sweet in nature and hence that eliminates the need to add more sugar here. 3. The quality and the thickness of the pan really matters here as you do not want the milk to burn and brown at the bottom of the pan. 4. Cook on a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally and while scrapping the sides of the pan. 5. Make sure to add the custard apple pulp only once it has cooled completely, or else it will curdle .
Sitaphal basundi is often made during festival season during Diwali. Sitapphal is available during Diwali and makes a perfect Diwali sweet.
Almonds and pistachios add crunch to this rich, creamy Custard apple basundi.
Enjoy sitaphal basundi recipe| custard apple basundi | sitaphal rabdi | with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make sitaphal basundi, put the milk in the deep non-stick pan and allow it to boil on a medium flame for 12 minutes. Mix well, while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Cook for another 16 minutes, till it reduces ¼ of its quantity, while scraping the sides of the pan and stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, transfer the basundi into a deep bowl.
- Allow it to cool at room temperature for an hour then refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Once cooled add the custard apple pulp, almond and pistachios and mix well.
- Refrigerate the sitaphal basundi for at least half hour. Serve chilled.
Sitaphal Basundi Video
Sitaphal Basundi, Custard Apple Basundi recipe with step by step photos
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.