• It is a pleasure to just scoop the fruit out of its skin and eat it as it is, but the custard apple is also useful in many other recipes!
• As it is soft and energy-rich, it is a preferred baby food.
• Custard apple puree is used in flavouring mousses, fruit soufflés and compotes.
• Combine crushed custard apple with chilled milk for a late afternoon refresher drink.
• Use the sweet fruit to make syrups, squashes, jams and marmalades along with other fruits.
• Add the puree to cake fillings or to make fruit sauces.
How to store custard apple, sitaphal, sitafal, seetaphal
• Use custard apple within a few days of purchase, or they will start losing their freshness.
• Do not store over-ripe custard apples for too long, because their soft cover tends to rupture easily inviting flies, dust and other unwanted contaminants. They could mess up your whole fruit bowl. Nutrition Information for custard apple, sitaphal, sitafal, seetaphal
1 whole medium Custard Apple is approx. 265 grams
1 medium Custard Apple without the peel is approx. 137 grams.
1 medium deseeded Custard Apple is approx. 96 gramsNutritional Information for 1 serving ofcustard apple, sitaphal, sitafal, seetaphal
One serving of Custard Apple is 100 grams.
RDA stands for Recommended Daily Allowance.
1.6 grams of Protein
23.5 grams of Carbs
0.4 grams of Fat
37.0 mg Vitamin C
= 92.5% of RDA (about 40 mg)
58.0 mcg of Vitamin K
= 48.33 % of RDA (about 120 mcg)
84 mg of Magnesium (Mg)
= 24.0% of RDA (about 350 mg)
5.5 grams of Fibre
= 22.0% of RDA (about 25 grams)
0.17 mg of Vitamin B2, Riboflavin
= 15.45% of RDA (about 1.1 mg)
1.30 mg of Vitamin B3, Niacin
= 10.83% of RDA (about 12 mg)
47 mg of Phosphorus (P)
= 7.83% of RDA (about 600 mg)
0.15 mg of Manganese
= 7.5% of RDA (about 2 to 5 mg)
278.0 mg of Potassium (K)
= 5.91% of RDA (about 4,700 mg)
0.07 mg of Vitamin B1, Thiamine
= 5.83% of RDA (about 1.2 to 1.5 mg)
7.60 mcg of Folic Acid
= 3.80% of RDA (about 200 mcg)
0.07 mg of Vitamin B6, Pyridoxine
= 3.50% of RDA (about 2 mg)
17.0 mg of Calcium (Ca)
= 2.83% of RDA (about 600 mg)
0.19 mg Vitamin E
= 0.95% of RDA (about 20 mg)
0.08 mg of Zinc (Zn)
= 0.80% of RDA (about 10 to 12 mg)
3.11 mg of Sodium (Na) = 0.16% of RDA (about 1902 mg)
0.03 mg of Cholesterol
= 0.0% of RDA (about 400 mg)
10 Health benefits of custard apple, sitaphal, sitafal, seetaphal 1. Custard Apple Benefits to Reduce Oxidative Stress :
The plant, Annona squamosa traditionally known as custard apple possesses potent bioactive principles in all its parts. There are many antioxidants in custard apple like vitamin C
, phenolic compounds. These antioxidants
are helpful in reducing the oxidative stress by scavenging free radicals in the body.2. Good for Bones :
Almost 50% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Vitamin K
can be met by consuming 100 grams of Custard Apple. Vitamin K plays a role in bone metabolism. Has a potential protection against osteoporosis (1)
. Vitamin K is also involved in preventing the loss of bone density. It also contains Phosphorus
which helps to develop and maintain healthy bones.3. Helps in Wound Healing :
Vitamin K’s role in blood clotting has been well established and it helps in wound healing. Another vitamin present in custard apple responsible for its wound healing effects is Vitamin C (2)
. The fruit also contains Manganese which is involved in wound healing.
Click here to know more about the 10 Super Custard Apple Benefits, Sitafal