Golpapdi, Gujarati Gol Papdi Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 487 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 214279 times
This wheat flour based sweet is easier to prepare than any of the other traditional Gujarati sweets .
Since it does not have too much ghee and is trouble-free to prepare, you can even make it often as an evening snack.Remember to grate the jaggery thinly to avoid lumps. In the winters, you can also add edible gum (gaund) to this recipe as done in many states of Gujarat.
- Sprinkle the poppy seeds on a 150 mm. (6") diameter greased thali and keep aside.
- Melt the ghee in a non-stick kadhai, add the wheat flour and sauté on a slow flame for approx. 15 to 17 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and add the jaggery, cardamom powder and coconut. Mix well.
- When the jaggery melts and the mixture is still warm, pour it into the greased thali (with poppy seeds) and spread it evenly with the help of the base of a small bowl (katori) or a flat spoon.
- Cut into diamond shapes while still warm and garnish with almond slivers.
- Remove the pieces and store in an air-tight container.
- You can add 1 tbsp of milk along with the jaggery if the mixture becomes too hard.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.