Sooji Ka Halwa, Banana Rava Sheera
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 357 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55613 times
A super tasty dessert ready in minutes, made using the microwave oven, and using everyday ingredients!
You will enjoy the strong taste of banana and its creamy texture in this lovely Sooji Ka Halwa. It is important to fry the sooji nicely in ghee before adding the milk, bananas, etc., in order to get the rich taste and proper consistency.
Enjoy this Sooji ka Halwa hot and fresh, to get the best experience. You can make this halwa for festive occasions like Diwali , Ganesh Chaturthi and Raksha Bandhan .
- Combine the milk, sugar and 1¾ cups of water in a deep microwave-safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once after 2 minutes 30 seconds. Keep aside.
- Put the ghee in another deep microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Add the semolina, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes, while stirring once after every 1 minute.
- Add the milk-water mixture and banana, mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes, while stirring once after every 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||136.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.