Stuffed Malpuas with Paneer and Strawberry in Saffron Syrup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 89 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18985 times
Just plain malpuas can be very tasty, but Stuffed Malpuas in Saffron Syrup is far, far beyond the normal! Once Malpuas are immersed in saffron syrup, they become softer and tastier.
Add to this a stuffing made of strawberry, almonds, raisins and cottage cheese, and you have a rich treat on the table! The stuffing also adds a bit of crunchiness to the otherwise stuffed malpuas.
For a richer and creamier taste serve topped with Rabri .
- Mix the cream and flour into a batter.
- Smear very little ghee on a frying pan and spread a small amount of the batter on it.
- Fry on both sides using a little ghee until golden brown.
- Place the malpuas in the warm saffron syrup for 2 to 3 minutes and drain.
- Mix the paneer, strawberries, almonds, raisins and powdered sugar.
- Add the rose water and keep aside.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1 cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes to make a syrup of thread consistency.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add the milk and rub until the saffron dissolves. Add to the syrup.
- Add the rose water and keep the syrup warm.
- Fill each malpuas with a little filling and fold into half.
- Serve garnished with strawberry slices.
- If strawberries are not in season, you can use pineapple or mango.
- You can also omit the filling and serve the malpuas with rabdi.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.