Spinach Dumplings In Tomato Gravy ( Saatvik Khana )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 77 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13819 times
An adaptation of the italian malfatti. This is the saatvik variation made without using any garlic or onions without compromising with the taste.
- Boil the tomatoes without any water. Blend in a mixer and strain.
- Add the sugar, oregano, chilli powder and salt and boil for a few minutes.
- Add half the cream.
- Immerse the dumplings in hot water ofr a few seconds.
- Remove and arrange on a serving dish.
- Just before serving, pour the boiling tomato gravy over the dumplings. Spread the balance cream on top. Top with cheese. If you wish, bake in a hot oven at 200 degree c (400 degree f) for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.