Bateta Nu Shaak
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 232 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48962 times
An amalgam of green chillies, ginger and tomatoes cooked together with a traditional tempering offers a rich flavour to potatoes in this easy but tasty Bateta Nu Shaak. It is important to add a tablespoon of sugar to this preparation in order to bring out the myriad flavours. Making this dish in the microwave is not only simple but quick too. Enjoy it hot with roti, puri or a bowl of steaming ghee rice.
- Combine the potatoes and salt, in a deep microwave safe bowl. Cover it with a lid and microwave on high for 4 minutes, while stirring once in between. Keep aside.
- Take another deep microwave safe bowl, combine the oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder, green chillies and ginger, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, coriander-cumin seeds powder, sugar and little salt, mix well and microwave on high for about 30 seconds.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.