Shimla Mirch Aur Nimbu ka Aachar
This recipe has been viewed 12659 times
Shimla mirch aur nimbu ka aachar recipe with a tangy spicy touch. Know about achar recipe, achar ingredients, pickle oil recipe, reviews, and much more on www.tarladalal.com
- Slit the capsicums lengthwise on one side, snipping a little on the base of the stem.
- Mix together ¾ cup salt, the powdered fennel and mustard seeds, turmeric,
- Onion seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida. mix in ¼ cup each of lemon juice and oil.
- Fill the capsicums with spice mixture by pressing in firmly. mix the lemon
- Pieces into the rest of the salt.
- Fill a sterilised airtight jar with alternate layers of capsicums and lemons, pressing tightly to pack.
- Pour remaining lemon juice over capsicums and lemons and leave thus for3-4 days.
- After 3-4 days, heat the rest of the oil, cool to room temperature and
- Pour into a jar.
- This pickle can be served right away if you like the capsicum crunchy.
- If preferred soft, wait 10-15 days before serving.
- Keep the capsicums covered with oil, to prevent them from spoiling.
This recipe was contributed by bhuvanaygsr on 29 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.