• Fenugreek seed powder has been used as a spice by the Indians and Chinese for centuries. It adds to the taste of curries, gravies and other preparations.
• Fenugreek powder is sometimes used to impart a maple-flavouring to confectionery.
• Flour mixed with ground fenugreek makes spicy bread.
How to store fenugreek seeds powder, methi dana powder
• Unlike the seeds, fenugreek powder can lose its aroma quite soon.
• Hence, powder in small quantities as and when needed.
• If required, store in an airtight container, unrefrigerated.
Health benefits of fenugreek seeds powder, methi dana powder
• Fenugreek is known to have great medicinal properties, especially for cleansing the body, decongesting the lungs, controlling cough and improving immunity. Using a powder of fenugreek helps to quickly prepare decoctions and other medicinal concoctions.
• Fenugreek powder has been used fairly extensively by lactation consultants to increase milk production in nursing mothers.
• A teaspoon of fenugreek powder had with a glass of warm water on an empty stomach, it helps to control blood sugar levels.
• A concoction of fenugreek powder with lime juice and honey helps to stimulate the appetite.
• A tea made with fenugreek powder, sweetened lightly with honey, helps soothe the stomach and to relieve headaches too.