Caramelized Rum and Raisin Ice-cream ( Italian)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 61 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21100 times
When everyday flavours like chocolate, vanilla or even butterscotch do not satisfy your craving, try this exotic Caramelized Rum and Raisin Ice-Cream. Raisins soaked in rum give an intense flavour to this ice-cream, while caramelized sugar offers nice crunchy interludes. This Italian delicacy is a real winner in all aspects, ranging from creaminess and texture to flavour and of course, excitement!
- Combine the rum and the raisins in a small bowl, mix well and cover with a lid and keep aside for 4 hours.
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the remaining 2 ¼ cups of milk and sugar in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk-cornflour mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- For caramelizing the sugar, add the sugar in a small non-stick pan, and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Gradually add it to the milk, while stirring continuously, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cool completely, add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours.
- Pour the milk- mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the milk-mixture in a deep bowl, add the rum-raisin mixture and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||210.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.8 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.