Chocolate Walnut Tart (the Complete Italian Cookbook)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 128 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27425 times
A luscious chocolaty dessert! the chocolate walnut tart features a good blend of flavours and textures, with the walnuts balancing the sweetness of condensed milk very well and the jam providing a fruity twist to a chocolate-dominated recipe. Indeed, this is a memorable treat that everyone will love and remember; and it is best made the traditional italian way – no shortcuts will do!
- Sieve the flour and salt together.
- Rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water to make a dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into 50 mm. (2’) diameter circle.
- Prick with a fork at regular intervals.
- Press the rolled and pricked circles into the cavities of a muffin tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 °c (400 °f) for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Keep aside.
- Melt the condensed milk, jam and milk in a non-stick pan over gentle heat.
- Add the cake crumbs, walnuts and cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Divide the filling into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Spoon the filling mixture into prepared tart mould.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- For the chocolate cake crumbs, use a day old chocolate sponge cake.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tart
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.