Melon and Strawberry Gelato
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 63 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16018 times
Italians have been in love with ices and ice-creams for hundreds of years. In Florence, during the Renaissance, special ice-houses were built so that cooks would always have the access to the ice needed to make their delicious desserts. Fruity and fresh flavours of this muskmelon and strawberry sorbet will cleanse your palate after a cheesy Italian meal, leaving you hungry for more!
- Blend all the ingredients in a liquidiser into a smooth purée.
- Pour into 2 to 3 large freezer proof containers to form a 25 mm. (1") thick layer. Freeze for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Serve scoops of the melon and strawberry ice into individual bowls.
- Serve immediately, garnished with sliced strawberries.
- Both the strawberies and muskmelon should be fresh and ripe. Even one piece of spoilt fruit could spoil this gelato. Adjust the sugar to your preferen
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.