How many calories does one Nachni Dosa, Ragi Dosa have?
One Nachni Dosa (Ragi Dosa) gives 132 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 72 calories, proteins account for 12 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 48 calories. One Nachni Dosa provides about 7 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Nachni Dosa recipe. The batter to make this nutritious and tasty Nachni Dosa is easier to make than regular dosas because we have used nachni flour. So, you just need to grind the urad dal.
Allow the batter to ferment well, so you get really crisp dosas. Serve it hot with chutney and sambhar for a satiating breakfast.
As a variation, you can even add grated carrots or finely chopped onions and green chillies to the batter before making the dosas.
Is Nachni Dosa healthy?
Yes, nachni dosa is healthy. Made from nachni, urad dal, methi and oil.
Let's understand the ingredients.
1. Ragi flour ( Nachni flour) : Ragi flour is high in protein and great source for vegetarians. In addition its gluten free, high in fiber which in turn is good for diabetics and a healthy heart. Ragi flour creates a much lower surge in sugar levels compared to wheat. Ragi is rich in Magnesium which improves insulin response by lowering insulin resistance. A must read for the benefits of ragi to include in your daily diet.
2. Urad Dal : 1 cup of cooked urad dal gives 69.30% of folic acid of your daily requirement of folate. The folic acid in urad dal helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Being rich in Phosphorus it works with Calcium to build our bones, high in fibre and good for heart, good for lowering cholesterol and good for diabetes. See here for 10 super benefits of urad dal.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Nachni Dosa ?
Yes, they can. Both, ragi and urad dal are diabetic and heart friendly. For weight loss, this is a great dosa to have as plain rice has simple carbohydrates.
Can healthy individuals have Nachni Dosa?
Yes, this is a healthy snack to have as it has ZERO rice. Nachni Dosa – Calcium Rich Snack to Build Strong Bones. Nachni or ragi flour is a good source of calcium. Urad dal, paired with it in this dosa, is a good source of protein. Both these key nutrients together help in building strong bones, which are the pillars of our body. 3.2 g of protein and 77.3 mg (13%) of calcium is what this each Nachni Dosa offers. As we age our body’s capacity to absorb calcium decreases. So this Nachni Dosa is a great way to make up for your day’s calcium requirement by having a calcium rich breakfast. All you need to remember is to not use too much oil for cooking them, as excess fat hinders calcium absorption. Serve ragi dosa it with healthy coconut chutney and sambar for a real health treat. Don’t opt out of this healthy fare because of its colour, instead think of the health benefits it has to offer.
What is a healthy accompaniment to the Nachni Dosa?
Have this with nutritious green chutney recipe which has ZERO sugar used in it made with mint leaves, onions and coriander. Or you can have this healthy coocnut chutney made from coconut and coriander.
Nachni Dosa is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Weight Loss
3. Diabetic Snacks
4. Healthy Heart Snacks
5. Pregnancy snacks
6. Kids snacks
7. Low cholesterol breakfast
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
How to burn 132 calories that come from Nachni Dosa?
Walking (6 kmph) = 40 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 13 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 18 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 23 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.