by Tarla Dalal
Added to 720 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 100677 times
The batter to make this nutritious and tasty Nachni Dosa is easier to make than regular dosas because we have used nachni flour. So, you just need to grind the urad dal.
Allow the batter to ferment well, so you get really crisp dosas. Serve it hot with chutney and sambhar for a satiating breakfast.
As a variation, you can even add grated carrots or finely chopped onions and green chillies to the batter before making the dosas.
- Combine the urad dal, fenugreek seeds and enough water in a deep bowl, cover with a lid and keep aside to soak for 2 hours.
- Drain well and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using approx. ¾ cup of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the ragi flour, salt and approx. 1¼ cups of water, mix very well using a whisk. Cover with a lid and keep aside to ferment in a warm place for 12 hours.
- Once fermented, mix very well again.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 225 mm. (9”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear a little oil over it and along the edges and cook on a high flame till the dosa turns brown in colour and crisp form both the sides.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 14 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar, coconut chutney and mysore chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.